Mission and Objectives
The charity was launched in February 2016 by a small group of individuals, with the mission of ‘alleviating poverty across the globe’. This is a charity with a universal purpose; regardless of caste, colour, race or religion, the aim is simply to help the poorest of the poor, with the most basic of human needs.
The Objects of the Vision of Love are:
- The prevention or relief of poverty to elderly people in Sri Lanka by providing: grants, goods and services to individuals in need and/or charities, or other organisations working to prevent or relieve poverty.
- The prevention or relieve financial hardship, sickness and poor health amongst elderly people anywhere in the world.
- The prevention or relief of poverty or financial hardship to anyone by providing or assisting in the provision of education, training, healthcare projects and all the necessary support designed to enable individuals to generate a sustainable income and be self-sufficient.
Vision of Love fulfils its objectives by:
- Provide funding for the Cataract operations, as well as medical pre-screening, transportation to the hospital and after-care
- Supporting the elderly, particularly those who have lost family members in the War, by providing staple foods, such as dhal and rice monthly
- Funding to support the delivery of Education in Human Values (EHV) programme for children and parents affected by war
- Funding essential upkeep and support in local villages (initially in the north of Sri Lanka), including provision of stationery and funding to school children.
- Provision of food in children’s homes
- Providing monthly financial support to the needy families