In February 2016, Vision of Love was started by a few individuals with the vision of pure love in mind. The main aim is to help the poorest of the poor in getting their vision back on track by funding their cataract operations carried out initially in Sri Lanka. This is one of the many projects that Vision of Love has undertaken both abroad and in the UK. We only exist as a result of the generosity of many individuals who donate towards the cause of humanity. The service we provide is not based on caste, colour, race or religion and is the same for one and all.
Some of our completed projects include:
- Elderly – Contributed funds towards the construction of an elderly home.
- Housing – Renovated a house for a poor family
Some of our ongoing projects include:
- Health – Pre-screening at medical camps for cataract operations and provision of daily essentials.
- Education – Contributions towards tuition fees and the Education in Human Values (EHV) program for parents and children.
- Homeless – Provision of vegetables for the homeless every fortnight.
- Water – Provision of drinking water purifiers for remote villages.
- Food – Provision of food for the impoverished.
Projects in the pipeline, subject to funding include:
- Livelihood – Provision of cows for the breadwinners of families.
- Construction of tube wells to provide pure water.
- Donation to the charity “Trail” to fund a cancer hospital.